Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!


This week, I made a cute gift in my kitchen for my girlfriends, but it wasn't something to eat: it was a yummy-smelling lemon and honey body scrub! I've seen variations of this scrub on Pinterest, and decided to try it out. The original "recipe" only made a small portion, so I increased it enough to make four half-pint jars. Below is MY version:

Lemon and Honey Body Scrub

1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup salt
60 drops of lemon juice (I couldn't figure out a conversion for this!)
honey (I used about a third of a bear-shaped squeeze bottle)

In a bowl, mix  the sugar and salt until well combined.  Add the lemon juice and enough honey to make a thick paste (I'm not sure if mine was thick enough). Divide between jars with tight-fitting lids (so it doesn't dry into one big sugary lump). Use as a scrub in the shower, or to really clean your hands after working out in the yard or garden.


Next time, I'm going to try a coffee scrub I just saw online! Mmmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment