Tuesday, April 3, 2012


The.Best.Iced.Coffee.Ever...I am in HEAVEN! I had been meaning to try Ree Drummond's (www.thepioneerwoman.com) iced coffee recipe for months, and finally just buckled down and did it! The prep work is a little time consuming, but the result is unbelievable! Several other girls, whose "mom blogs" I follow, have also made this fabulous concoction. Check out Larissa @ http://mmmcrafts.blogspot.com. She describes the process really well. Once I get the prep work down to a tee, I will be drinking this iced coffee concoction for the entire summer; and perhaps, the rest of my life!


Iced Coffee (adapted from The Pioneer Woman)

1 gallon water (I bought a gallon of drinking water so I could also use the container to hold the "base", or "concentrate)
1-pound bag of coffee (I used 10 ounces of espresso - see above photo)
coffee filters or paper towels
a strainer
pitcher or jug, big enough to hold a gallon of liquid

Pour the coffee into a very large bowl.  Add the water and stir until all the grounds are saturated with water.  Let set for 12 hours, or overnight.  Line a strainer with coffee filters or paper towels (the paper towels worked better, but I had to replace them often) and set on top of the pitcher.


Pour or ladle the coffee mixture into the strainer.  This part takes a while, as the coffee drips through the filters or paper towels.


Once all the coffee concentrate has been filtered, stick it in the fridge (it will last for a month).


Another "mom blogger" I found on Pinterest    (http://homesteadinghousewife.blogspot.com/2011/07/last-iced-coffee-recipe-youll-ever-need.html)  suggested combining a 12-ounce can of evaporated milk with a 14-ounce can of sweetened condensed milk to make "Sweet Cream".


To prepare the iced coffee, fill a glass to the top with ice (I used the crushed ice feature on my fridge).  Pour the coffee concentrate into the glass, a little past half full.  Add the sweet cream until full, or to taste. Stir and enjoy! And I do mean ENJOY! I may drink this twice a day, every day, until the concentrate is gone - woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment