Monday, April 16, 2012

Chicken Spaghetti!



The other night I was looking in my pantry and was inspired by a can of cream of chicken  soup.  What I "threw together" was a dish loosely based on The Pioneer Woman's Chicken Spaghetti recipe http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/06/chicken_spaghet/ , and man, was it good! My husband, who rarely comments on my cooking (unless he doesn't like something) said is was REALLY GOOD, and added that I should make it again - wow! I'm sure I've seen variations of this dish on Pinterest too. The following is my version of the recipe:

Chicken Spaghetti

8 ounces (half a box) spaghetti, broken in half or pieces
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 small can (I used 4 ounces) sliced mushrooms
seasoned salt
freshly ground black pepper
shredded cheddar cheese
breadcrumbs

Prepare spaghetti per package directions.  While the pasta is boiling, cook chicken breast in microwave until no longer pink inside.  Cut chicken into small pieces.  When pasta is ready, drain and place in large bowl.  Add chicken, soup, mushrooms, salt, pepper and half of the cheese.  Stir to mix.  Pour into a buttered baking dish and top with remaining cheese and then sprinkle breadcrumbs on top.  Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted.


So creamy, savory and cheesy! Mmm! I can't believe I've never made it before!

No comments:

Post a Comment