Friday, March 2, 2012

Lemon Beer Chicken Burritos!


Ever since I started a "food" blog, I'm constantly on the lookout for new recipes to try.  Between Pinterest, the magazines I subscribe to, and Internet searches, I will never run out of new ideas! This recipe is courtesy of Brenda at http://secret-agent-josephine.com. She posted it on her blog earlier this week and I thought it sounded healthy and yummy - and it was! 

Lemon Beer Chicken Burritos 

3 boneless, skinless breasts
1/4 cup beer (I used half a cup of Shock Top)
juice of one lemon
"dash" of hot sauce

Marinate the chicken in beer and lemon juice for one hour (I marinated mine for almost 2 hours).  Drain the liquid and cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces.  Saute the chicken in 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil till browned.  Serve in flour tortillas with black beans (mixed with Cumin for "zest", rice, cheese (I used "queso fresco", a crumbly white cheese) and avocado.

Today, I mixed the leftover lemon chicken, black beans with Cumin, and rice and heaped it on flour tortillas.  I shredded some Co-Jack cheese on top and broiled the whole thing in my toaster oven to make open-faced taco/tostada thingies - yum! So, what did YOU have for lunch today?


No comments:

Post a Comment