Saturday, March 3, 2012


Friday was Dr. Seuss' birthday, so I threw a small Seuss-themed party/play date for my daughter and her friends. 


The girls made "Cat in the Hat" hats and Lorax puppets, colored, played and ate, while the mommies drank coffee and had some grown up time. Oh, and we ate too! I wanted to make something fun and special for the play date, but most of the Dr. Seuss-themed treats I found on Pinterest involved red and blue frosting - ugh! What I DID find was an impossibly simple twist on Rice Krispie treats; Nutella Rice Krispie Treats! Why didn't I think of that before? Well, you can thank www.stickygooeycreamychewy.com for the recipe!


Nutella Rice Krispie Treats

4 Tbl. (1/2 stick) butter
10-ounce package large marshmallow or 4 cups mini marshmallows
1 cup Nutella
6 cups Rice Krispies

Melt butter in a large saucepan over LOW heat.  Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted.  Remove from heat and stir in Nutella until melted.  Add cereal.  Stir with a wooden spoon or spatula until well coated.  Press into a 13 x 9-inch pan coated with non-stick cooking spray (I used butter).  Cool and cut into squares.


The Rice Krispie treats were ALMOST as popular as the chocolate doughnut holes with sprinkles!

No comments:

Post a Comment