Monday, February 6, 2012


More "football food"! I thought we needed additional snacks for our Super Bowl party, so I whipped up a new cookie recipe I've been wanting to try for a while; peanut butter chip chocolate cookies! Yum! Like brownies filled with peanut butter! I found the recipe in a magazine this past summer, but can't remember which magazine...so, I can't give credit where its due. Anyway, they disappeared in less than half an hour, so I can only assume my guests liked them! Thank goodness I ate one fresh from the oven, or I would have missed out!

Peanut Butter Chip Chocolate Cookies 

2 cups flour
1 cup unsweetened cocoa
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup (two sticks) butter, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs
3 1/2 cups (2 10-ounce packages) peanut butter chips 

Preheat oven to 350 and line baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with a nonstick baking spray.  In a bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.  Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar on medium speed until fluffy.  Beat in the eggs, one at a time.  Reduce the mixer speed to low and add the flour mixture, mixing until just combined (the dough will be very stiff).  Stir in the peanut butter chips by hand.  Drop rounded tablespoon-sized mounds of batter 2 inches apart on baking sheets.  Bake until firm around the edges but still soft in the middle, 10 to 12 minutes. Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.


No comments:

Post a Comment