Friday, February 10, 2012

February Fun!


Dreary, wintry weather outside; fun fun fun inside! It's a craft-a-palooza at my house right now. We've been doing a craft (or two or three) every day, mostly because it's just not that nice outside! Some of our projects have been: wax paper and crayon hearts (see above photo),


recycled/upcycled crayons,


and, of course, valentines!


This week we had our second "crafting play date". I piled my dining room table with art supplies and encouraged the "big girls" (ages 2 1/2 and 3) to create.  They may have been more interested in the toys in my daughter's bedroom than making valentines, but it was nice to spend time "venting" with another Mommy for two hours! I made some yummy Snickerdoodle cookies too, because, well, I like cookies with my coffee! I hadn't made Snickerdoodles in years, and the first one I bit into (the night before) brought tears to my eyes as I was hit with a huge wave of nostalgia (my Mom used to make them when I was growing up). What powerful cookies! Enjoy!  



Snickerdoodles (a special thanks to my Mom, Sharol Beckner Alexander Watkins)

1 cup softened butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 3/4 cups flour
2 tsp. Cream of Tartar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt

Plus: 2 Tbl. sugar combined with 2 tsp. cinnamon

Preheat oven to 400.  Mix butter and sugar.  Add eggs.  Sift dry ingredients and stir into wet mixture.  Chill.  Roll into balls and then roll in cinnamon-sugar mixture.  Place 2 inches apart on a greased baking sheet.  Bake 8-10 minutes, or until "crinkly" on top and lightly browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment