Thursday, February 23, 2012


As per usual, if it's crummy outside...I bake! Today I felt like having some blueberry muffins with my morning coffee, but instead of my "regular" recipe, I made a muffin version of a blueberry lemon bread recipe I had.  The recipe is from www.allrecipes.com, from about 10 years ago, and it turned out great as cupcake-like muffins!



Blueberry Lemon Bread/Muffins 

1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar
1 lemon, juiced (I used 3 tablespoons of bottled lemon juice)
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup milk
1 cup  blueberries

Mix flour, baking powder and salt, and set aside.  Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.  Add eggs and beat well.  Mix in lemon juice.  Add flour mixture, alternating with milk.  Fold in blueberries.  Pour into a greased and floured loaf pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for 60-70 minutes. 

*I made 12 muffins and baked them for 30 minutes.  They turned out a little more cake-like than muffin-like, but it certainly did not affect the lemony-blueberry flavor! Regan and I ate them while they were still warm - heavenly!

No comments:

Post a Comment