Thursday, November 10, 2011


Last evening was my turn to host "girls night"; always an opportunity to share new recipes! This recipe is courtesy of my cousin Angie, and I've made it a few times before, but never for my girlfriends. They loved it! There was not a morsel left over! The photo above is actually NOT my casserole - I totally forgot to take some photos, until we'd already eaten most of it! This photo is from southerngirl09 at www.infobarrel.com, and looks pretty darn close to the casserole I made.

Chicken Delicious (thanks to Angela Beckner Grau)

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip)
1 can sliced water chestnuts
cornbread stuffing mix
melted butter

Combine all ingredients except stuffing and butter.  Pour into greased baking dish. Combine stuffing mix with melted butter and top casserole.  Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

Along with the casserole, I served my friends oven-roasted asparagus (see recipe below),  warm crusty bread and cold Sauvignon Blanc. For dessert, we had Snickers ice cream - oh yeah!

Oven-roasted Asparagus

1 lb. fresh asparagus
2 Tbl. olive oil
salt
freshly ground black pepper
grated Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 450.  Trim asparagus by snapping off the tough ends.  Drizzle 1 Tbl. olive oil all over the center of a rimmed baking sheet and spread the asparagus evenly in the pan, in a single layer.  Drizzle with the remaining olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Roast 5 minutes for crisp-tender asparagus and 8 minutes for softer asparagus.  Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; serve immediately!

No comments:

Post a Comment