Tuesday, November 8, 2011


I know, ANOTHER pasta recipe? My husband was gone for the evening, so it was an opportunity to make something for supper that contained lots of vegetables - what a treat! My daughter, the other vegetable-eater, really likes this dish. It's sooooo simple there's really not a recipe, but I'll list the ingredients I used. It's super quick and you don't need any sauce!

Quick Veggie Pasta

1/2 pound penne pasta
frozen vegetables (I used half a bag of something called Asparagus Stir Fry, which is loaded with an assortment of veggies)
garlic, minced
olive oil
butter
grated Parmesan cheese
freshly ground black pepper

Prepare the pasta according to the instructions on the package. While the pasta is boiling, put some olive oil in a large skillet and throw in the still-frozen vegetables and garlic.  Cook until tender. Drain the pasta and toss into the skillet with the vegetables.  Toss with butter and Parmesan. Season with pepper. There you go!

No comments:

Post a Comment