Monday, January 23, 2012


It's unofficially "Eat Healthy Week" around here. It started with the clementines. Regan put them in the cart at the grocery store, so I said "what the heck, fine". Then we ate some. Oh my! No wonder people buy them at Christmas time (in the cute little wooden crates) for gifts! They are AWESOME! And small enough for a toddler to be able to eat the whole thing.


Then I steamed some brown rice (I just LOVE the texture of brown rice) and tossed it with some steam-in-the-bag broccoli with cheese. It was surprisingly filling!


This morning, it was whole grain waffles topped with Nutella and bananas! We're on a roll! Seriously though, I'm trying to set a good example for my daughter, who, happily, eats pretty much anything. I'm thinking of hard-boiling some eggs later, and maybe making some green tea.  Don't be too impressed though, there are days when I'd happily ingest an entire bag of Doritos...

No comments:

Post a Comment