Thursday, October 27, 2011


Well, it's officially Crock-pot weather! This past weekend was my husband's birthday, and he requested I make one of his favorites (isn't it always that way with birthdays?); Meatball Stew. It's super easy, and you can "cheat" by using pre-cleaned produce and frozen meatballs - yahoo! I make this several times throughout the fall/wintertime; it warms your tummy, and fills it too!

Meatball Stew

1 can (10 3/4 ounce) condensed cream of mushroom soup (with roasted garlic, if you can find it in your store)
1 cup beef broth (I make mine with bouillon cubes)
5-6 red-skin potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 1-inch chunks
1 1/2 cups baby carrots
one medium onion, chopped
8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced (you can used canned, too)
1 lb. bag frozen meatballs, thawed (I use turkey meatballs)

Stir soup and broth in crock-pot until blended.  Stir in potatoes, carrots, onions and mushrooms.  Place meatballs on top of vegetables.  Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours, until meatballs are cooked through and vegetables are tender.

I always serve this stew with some kind of warm crusty bread and REAL butter - oh my!

No comments:

Post a Comment