Tuesday, October 25, 2011


Before the chaos of my day began, I made some delicious-smelling snack mix, which I snacked on immediately! As it's made with several cereals, I deemed it perfectly suitable for breakfast! I will, however, try to save some for later...
    
This recipe is all over the internet, and I "tweaked" it a little bit to accommodate the cereal I already had in my pantry. It's super easy, super quick, and makes your whole house smell like cinnamon and sugar!

Pumpkin Pie Chex Mix

1/4 cup brown sugar
1 Tbl. pumpkin pie spice
1/4 cup butter
2 tsp. vanilla
3 cups Chex cereal (I used Rice Chex, but any variety will work)
2 cups Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal (my daughter LOVED this addition)
1 cup Cheerios (any variety but fruit-flavored!)
8 ounces pecans (I used halves)

In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.  Melt butter in microwavable bowl and add vanilla. Also set aside.  In a LARGE microwave-safe bowl, combine the cereals and nuts.  Pour the butter mixture over the cereal and stir until evenly coated.  Sprinkle sugar mixture over the cereal, and again stir until evenly coated. Microwave mixture for five minutes, stirring after every minute.  Pour out onto waxed paper to cool.

All the recipes I found for this snack mix called for a total of 6 cups of cereal, so the amounts of each variety can be adjusted, as long as the total equals 6 cups. Of course, you only end up with six cups of snack mix, which goes quickly! I'm already contemplating making a second batch! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment