Tuesday, September 20, 2011


Today I'm doing some foggy morning baking. It was so foggy, school was delayed for two hours! I was stuck in the house with a rambunctious toddler and some over-ripe bananas, so, banana muffins it was! But, banana muffins WITH BLUEBERRIES! Why make the same old boring thing?

If you've read prior posts, you know I am not a fan of bread/muffin recipes calling for vegetable oil, but these seem to be alright; on the greasiness scale. This is Nigella Lawson's version of banana muffins, and I've been using the recipe for about a year. I worship Nigella! I have almost all of her cookbooks and faithfully watch her cooking shows.  The original recipe is for chocolate banana muffins, which I sometimes make...when I'm not adding chocolate chips or blueberries or something!

Chocolate Banana Muffins

3 very ripe bananas
1/2 cup vegetable oil (I use safflower)
2 eggs
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
3 TBL unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking soda

Preheat oven to 400 and line a muffin pan with paper cups. Mash bananas by hand or with a mixer. While still mashing, add the oil, then the eggs and sugar. Mix the remaining ingredients together; beat gently into the banana mixture, then spoon into cups.  Bake 15-20 minutes. Cool slightly in pan before removing to wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment