Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Today's Brilliant Idea - times two!
 

Today, I whipped up a super easy twist on one of our regular snacks, and it was a hit! I blended mini M&M candies in smooth peanut butter; for dipping apple slices into! My 4-year-old LOVED it! Brilliant....
 
 
Switching gears just a bit, I keep forgetting to post this gem: DIY Banana Chips! Usually, I make muffins or a quick bread with the bananas that "turn", but we seem to ALWAYS have overripe bananas and can only eat so many muffins! I do not recommend using super-brown and mushy bananas, but if they are "borderline", this is a perfect use for them!
 

You will need one of these handy contraptions, though. I got mine in the mid 1990s and it's still plugging along.


Cut banana in MANY slices...


and dry for 8-12 hours (follow the instructions for your dehydrator), depending on how chewy or crunchy you want them.  Store in a resealable bag. Hide some from your husband or he will eat them all; or is that just at my house?

No comments:

Post a Comment