Monday, July 30, 2012

Today's Brilliant Idea...


So, if you've been following my blog at all, you know I am now waist-deep in zucchini (cucumbers and tomatoes too, but that's another post)! Today, as I was about to shred, bag and freeze four more giant zucchini squash, I thought, "why not prep them for specific recipes"? Some zucchini recipes use slices, some use "sticks", some shredded, etc. So, I cut a bunch of zucchini into shapes for each recipe and labelled them as such. Such a great idea...I'm going to do it this way from now on!

While we are on the subject of zucchini, I made zucchini bars (see 9/17/11 post for recipe) but had no cream cheese for the decadent frosting. I did, however, have some sour cream. So, I did an Internet search and found this very tasty recipe at www.allrecipes.com! It is seriously just as good as the cream cheese frosting! And, it was LOWFAT sour cream - high five!

Sour Cream Frosting

4 Tbl. butter, softened
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. lemon juice
2 3/4 cups powdered sugar

In a medium bowl, mix butter, sour cream, vanilla and lemon juice. Blend till smooth.  Stir in powdered sugar. Ta da!

I may have used a little too much sour cream; the frosting was fairly runny after 3 cups of powdered sugar, but who cares!

No comments:

Post a Comment