Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Berry Crisp!



Today is Independence Day, so I made a festive red and blue dessert to take to my Mom's for our cookout; Berry Crisp (with blueberries and red raspberries). This is a variation of the late 1970's Apple Crisp recipe from Girl Scouts that I've made millions of times (okay, not MILLIONS, but too many times to count!). This recipe works with any kind of fruit, from apples and peaches to rhubarb and berries (one of my personal favorites is peach/blueberry). Enjoy!

Berry Crisp

1 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup (one stick) butter, softened
4 cups berries

Blend oats, flour, sugar, salt and cinnamon.  Cut in butter using a pastry blender (I used my stand mixer).  Pour berries into a buttered baking dish.  Top with oatmeal mixture.  Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.


I'm looking forward to eating this with a big glob of vanilla ice cream - oh yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment