Friday, December 27, 2013

Today's Brilliant Idea: Butterscotch Snowflakes
 

There is no recipe for this post, per se, just a brilliant idea, but with some work involved! I've had a recipe for butterscotch gingerbread I've been wanting to try, but I'd already made gingerbread men with chocolate chip eyes for Christmas this year, so I "tweaked" a packaged sugar cookie mix by adding a box of instant butterscotch pudding! The best idea ever! Possibly the best cookies I've ever made! Sooooo rich and decadent, and soooo pretty too!
 

The hardest part was rolling out the dough (which I refrigerated for a few hours) and cutting out the snowflakes.  I scooped store-bought vanilla frosting into a Ziploc bag, cut off the tip and piped lines on the cookies.  Then, my little "elf" helper (my 4-year-old daughter) sprinkled them with blue and white sugar. I am so in love with these right now! I may make them for every holiday; with appropriately shaped cookies! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment