Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Pumpkin Spice Mini Doughnuts
 

This morning while making coffee, I suddenly had a craving for pumpkin doughnut holes. Changing out of pajamas and driving to the supermarket did NOT sound like fun, so I dug through my pantry. Inspired by numerous Pinterest recipes calling for canned pumpkin and boxed cake mix, I whipped up my own pumpkin muffin/doughnut concoction. I did consult a few "mom blogs" to check baking temperatures and times. Let me tell you, this recipe is easy, quick and sooooooo delicious! My 4-year-old daughter gobbled down 3 on the spot, while they were still warm! And my house smells better than any old Yankee Candle scent!
 
Pumpkin Spice Mini Doughnuts 
 
one box spice cake mix
one 15-ounce can pumpkin
granulated sugar
 
Combine the cake mix and canned pumpkin and blend till smooth. If you have a mini doughnut pan, it's WAY easier to fill if you put the batter into a resealable plastic bag, cut off the tip and pipe into the pan (see photo of my little "helper" below). If you don't have a mini doughnut pan, mini muffin tins work just as well; then you can call them "doughnut holes" instead!


Bake at 325 for 8-10 minutes.  I took the mini doughnuts out at 8 minutes, and the mini muffins at 10 minutes.  Scoop some granulated sugar into a resealable plastic bag, throw the still very warm muffins/doughnuts inside and shake to coat. These were amazing while still warm! Enjoy
 
 








 

No comments:

Post a Comment