Thursday, November 7, 2013

Something new: a crafting playdate!
 

I got this great idea, after seeing "crafternoon" posts on a bunch of blogs online, to do some crafts during playdates.  And, I don't mean do crafts with the kids, I mean the mommies craft (and drink coffee, and eat goodies, and gossip, and vent) while the kiddos play! Today was the first one, at my house, and I tried out three things I recently found on Nora's blog at www.justmakestuff.com.  She's awesome! Check her out some time!
      First, we made cute ribbon covered tea lights, which were supposed to be washi tape covered tea lights, but my closest retail store had NO washi tape (guess I need to make a run to Michael's or Hobby Lobby in the near future)! Double-sided tape and cute grosgrain ribbon worked just brilliantly (see above photo).
 
 
 
 Then we covered jars I've squirreled away in my craft supply closet with fabric, paper, ribbon, etc. to create candle holders.
 
 
 
 
And, you don't think I'd do a post without a recipe, do you?  I served pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting and made Scarecrow Crunch to send along home. Great seasonal snack mix! I'm thinkin' of sending this to Regan's preschool for her snack day!
 
Scarecrow Crunch (a big thanks to www.justmakestuff.com)
 
4 cups crunchy oatmeal cereal squares
4 cups tiny pretzels
a 22-ounce bag autumn mix candy corn
2 cups Reeses Pieces
2 6-ounce boxes/bags caramel popcorn with nuts
a box (6-7 ounces) chocolate Teddy Grahams
 
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Makes 15 cups.
 
 
 
Doesn't that look festive?
 
 
Now, if I could just stop making THESE!

No comments:

Post a Comment