Monday, June 25, 2012

Simple Supper Salad


Having "overdone it" today by eating a huge Mexican lunch (shredded pork enchiladas with mole sauce) after a long day at the zoo with a 3-year-old, the last thing I wanted for supper was a big filling meal. Not to mention, I was a little too tired to cook anything complicated either! What I threw together was Salad Nicoise-inspired, minus the potatoes, green beans and anchovies....

What I threw together was: bagged romaine salad "mix"
                                            one hard-boiled egg, diced
                                            half an avocado, diced
                                            half a can light tuna, drained

I topped it with a dressing made by whisking together some olive oil, lemon juice and salt.  Simple, light, tasty, and even a little bit "summery", if I do say so myself! Now, off to watch The Vow in bed with a glass of wine...life is good!
                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment