Saturday, September 22, 2012

Today's Brilliant Idea: Cinnamon Roll Waffles!
 

This is one of the most BRILLIANT ideas I've seen on Pinterest lately: squish refrigerated cinnamon rolls in your waffle iron, heat and eat! These "waffles" received rave reviews at my house this morning! Yum!


Oops, stuck to the top...


Purely by chance, I bought the smaller, simpler version of cinnamon rolls.  If I'd bought the larger cinnamon rolls that are rolled up like pinwheels, I would have only been able to make one at a time, since I have a Belgian waffle maker instead of the more "mainstream" waffle iron that makes four square waffles. I did four small cinnamon rolls at a time (it only took a minute or so, but I'm sure each waffle iron is different) in my Belgian maker, and then I "schmeared" them with some butter and the ready-made frosting that came with the rolls.
 
Next time, I'll spray the waffle maker with non-stick cooking spray...the cinnamon/sugar topping was a little sticky... :)
 
There's a pretty good tutorial with lots of photos at www.ladybehindthecurtain.com , if you want to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment