Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Avocado Dips!


Yes, the avocado recipes continue; blame my local supermarket! The yummy dip pictured above is from the Taste of Home website, and one of my girlfriends makes it regularly. It's zesty and quick!

Avocado, Tomato and Feta Dip 

2 avocados, diced
1 cup cherry tomatoes, diced
1/2 red onion, diced
3/4 cup crumbled Feta cheese
1 Tbl. lemon juice
1 Tbl. red wine vinegar
2 Tbl. fresh chopped parsley (I used one Tablespoon dried)

Combine all of the ingredients together in a large bowl. Serve with tortilla chips. See? I told you it was quick! 


This recipe came to life when I had a can of corn in my pantry and did a search online; and we were having Mexican food for supper...

Grilled Corn Guacamole (adapted from The Pioneer Woman)

one can of corn, drained
3 avocados, diced
1 cup jarred salsa
1/3 cup finely diced onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 lime, juiced (I used 2 Tablespoons lime juice from a bottle)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground Cumin
dried or fresh Cilantro, optional

Pour a tablespoon of vegetable oil into a skillet, add corn,  and fry until the corn is slightly browned. Season with some Cumin. The original recipe called for grilling ears of corn on a grill pan, but I think frying the corn got the same results (hopefully). 


Combine the fried corn, avocado, salsa, onion, garlic, lime juice, salt and Cumin.  Stir gently to combine. Add Cilantro, if desired. 

So much green yumminess!


No comments:

Post a Comment